Answers to all our most frequently asked questions here.
Still need help? Give us a call on 020 7478 8910
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We would advise you to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of your 40 minute session. You can collect your ICEBAR tickets from the reception before your timeslot on the day of the visit. Transport delays are frequent around London and so please allow enough time to reach us. Due to the time sensitive nature of an ICEBAR session, it may not be possible to move your reservation if you miss your allocated time. Our warm bar area will be open for service along with the ICEBAR. During November and December some areas may not be available due to private events.
- ICEBAR LONDON does not offer refunds on tickets for the icebar or icebar & dine packages. However, tickets may be exchanged for different dates and times within the current booking period subject to availability providing a minimum of 48 hours notice is given. (72 hours for October, November & December). Visit date and times can be rearranged a maximum of two times. It is not possible to rearrange dates for special events e.g. ice sculpting classes. In instances where the number of people in a booking changes, spare tickets can be credited against food and beverage spend on the day of the visit. In the event of ICEBAR LONDON being required to cancel a booking or session a choice of rebooking or full refund will be offered. We do not charge a fee for changes to bookings.
- Minors are welcome to join us during our daytime sessions when accompanied by an adult: Sunday entry is available all day, Monday – Saturday last Icebar entry is 18:30, after that the age limit is strictly 18 and older. Children five years and over will require a separate ticket and will be served a non-alcoholic ice cocktail. Valid ID may be required.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entrance and/or service.
- Queuing for the ICEBAR: On a busy day you might see a queue to enter the ICEBAR which is necessary to help us ‘cape’ everyone before entering the cold of the ICEBAR. Our ICEBAR team are able to cape a full session under 5 minutes! Please ensure every member of your party has one ticket in hand as they will need to show this on entry and exchange it with the bartender in the ICEBAR for their first drink. Just before you go in, you will be given a thermal cape to which gloves will also be attached but we do not provide shoes or socks. You can wear open toe shoes but your feet may get cold. We also advise that you keep your jackets on under our capes.
- An optional service charge of 12.5% will be added to restaurant bills including the ICEBAR & DINE package.
- Do I need to make a reservation to visit ICEBAR LONDON or can I just turn up?
- We recommended you make a reservation as we often get fully booked, especially at weekends. We will always do our best to accommodate you if you walk in, however we can’t guarantee entrance as ICEBAR LONDON has a strict 60 person capacity and some time sessions do sell out in advance.
- How do I make a reservation?
- Book online (groups of 7 or fewer) or phone us on 020 7478 8910 – we’re here from 9am until late Monday – Saturday and 1-8pm on Sundays. Note: We require a full prepayment for ICEBAR tickets on the time of booking.
- I'm not sure what time I'd like to book and I can't confirm numbers just yet. Can you pencil me in?
- We know it can be difficult to get people to commit, but we do need a definite time and number of guests from you in order to make a booking. We offer over 300 different time sessions and unfortunately can not hold provisional slots as we require a full prepayment for ICEBAR tickets in advance.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- ICEBAR LONDON does not offer refunds on tickets for the icebar or icebar & dine packages. However, tickets may be exchanged for different dates and times within the current booking period subject to availability providing a minimum of 48 hours notice is given. (72 hours for October, November & December). We do not charge a fee for changes to bookings.
In instances where the number of people in a booking changes, spare tickets can be credited against food and beverage spend on the day of the visit. In the event of ICEBAR LONDON being required to cancel a booking or session a choice of rebooking or full refund will be offered..
- Can I decrease my reservation size?
- Yes, in instances where the number of people in a booking changes, spare tickets can be credited against food and beverage spend on the day of the visit.
- Can I move my reservation to a different time and date?
- Yes so long as there is availability, to a maximum of 35 days in advance. You are able to move your reservation twice with a minimum of 8 hours notice.
- Can I increase my reservation size?
- Yes, dependent on remaining availability. Maximum group size is 25.
- I would like to book for 25 people or more?
- Our events team handle a wide variety of corporate and private events. Contact them on 020 7478 8917 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; they will be happy to advise, organise and help you create a special event.
- Do you offer any group or student discounts?
- We do not offer additional discounts other than those promoted on our website. Our best value offer is the combined ICEBAR & DINE Package which includes entrance to the ICEBAR along with a first ice cocktail as well as either a two or three course meal from our a la carte restaurant menu.
- What can you do for birthdays and other special occasions?
- We do not allow any food, fire or helium inside ICEBAR LONDON which unfortunately rules out cakes, candles & balloons! The ICEBAR LONDON is a unique experience in its own right. Do call our Reservations Team on 020 7478 8910 and ask them about birthday packages for our restaurant though.
- Your website won't let me book more than 90 days in advance – can I do this over the phone?
- Both the online reservation system and the reservations team only take bookings up to 90 days in advance.
- I didn't receive my email confirmation – have I got a reservation?
- You probably do, but as our confirmation emails are automated they will sometimes bounce back or get caught in your email junk folder. If you want to double-check then call us to confirm your reservation.
- Your website says I can only book for up to 7 people online – is this correct?
- We take booking for groups up to 7 people online. For larger bookings we prefer to talk to any guests wishing to book for large groups to accommodate any special requirements and help avoid any miscommunications. We are more than happy to take bookings for parties of up to 25 over the phone.
If you’re looking to book for over an event with over 25 people you should contact our Events Team and ask about hiring one of our spaces: 020 7478 8917.
On the day section
- Where are you located and what's the nearest station?
- 31-33 Heddon Street, Mayfair, London W1B 4BN. Heddon Street is located just off Regent Street and is a 5 minute walk from either Piccadilly Circus or Oxford Circus tube stations. To plan your journey to us visit www.tfl.gov.uk.
- Do I need to bring my email confirmation?
- You don’t need to bring your email confirmation, just tell us the name your reservation was made under when you arrive at reception.
- Can I stay in there for longer than 40 minutes?
- You are more than welcome to purchase another ticket to join us for a second session, providing the next time session is not fully booked.
- What happens if I arrive late or miss my timeslot?
- All ICEBAR LONDON sessions run for 40 minutes. If you are late for your session, you can still go in but you’ll have less time. Tickets are non-refundable if you miss your session. If you know in advance that you will not be able to make your reservation time, please call us on 0207 478 8910 to try and arrange an alternate time to avoid losing your deposit.
- What is the dress code? Do I need to dress especially warmly?
- Our dress code is smart-casual. Jeans and smart trainers are acceptable, although no tracksuits please. You can wear heels as the floor made of non-slip metal. Please note that on special occasions, such as hen and stag parties, any offensive or dangerous items are required to be left in the cloak room for the duration your stay. Fancy dress is not permitted in the restaurant. We provide you with thermal capes and mittens before you go to ICEBAR which you wear over your regular clothes. Most people find this to be enough protection from the -5°C temperature, however if you feel you are extra sensitive to the cold then you may wish to wear a warm outfit or bring an extra layer. Don’t forget, being cold is part of the fun!
- Can we take photographs inside ICEBAR LONDON?
- Yes, you can snap away as long as the photos are for personal use and not for publication. If you’d like a professional memento then you might like to know that on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings (Tue-sun in December) we have our own photographer taking pictures for you to purchase. If you decide not to purchase on the night you can order them online later at www.icebarphoto.com. Photos are kept for 2 months.
- What happens after I’ve been inside the ICEBAR?
- That’s entirely up to you, but if you did ask us we might suggest staying with us and exploring the selection of delicious cocktails in our warm bar or enjoying a meal in our restaurant. While we know the ICEBAR is the big attraction, there are plenty of people who come back to us time and again to enjoy cocktails in our warm bar and restaurant too.
- Can we eat inside ICEBAR LONDON?
- Depending on the time of day, our kitchen will be open serving bar snacks and a full a la carte menu in our restaurant. It is not possible to eat inside the ICEBAR itself, and we do not allow guests to consume their own food or drink on the premises. If you prefer not to eat with us, ICEBAR LONDON is located on the Heddon Street food quarter, with loads of other great restaurants to choose from.
- Can I smoke inside the bar?
- No, we are a non-smoking venue. There is an outside terrace area where you are welcome to smoke.
- Is ICEBAR LONDON open all year round?
- ICEBAR LONDON is open 7 days a week all year apart from 25th December and one week a year when we refit our annual ice theme, which will be clearly advertised on our website.
- Do you have a dance floor?
- No, there is music in ICEBAR LONDON but it is a bar not a club. On Friday and Saturday evenings we have a DJ playing up-tempo tunes in the warm bar.
- Can I book a table in ICEBAR LONDON?
- Please note, ICEBAR LONDON is a standing-only bar and there are no tables. Your reservation is for a 40 minute session.
- Is the floor made of ice?
- No, the floor is made of non-slip metal.
- Is it ok to enter the bar when you're pregnant?
- Yes, there are no health risks to pregnant women.
- Can I keep the ice glass?
- A few people do think it’s a good idea to try and smuggle their ice glasses out of the ICEBAR as mementos. Unfortunately we’ve yet to see anyone manage this for very long once they’re back in the warm, so would not recommend it. Why not check out our gift shop and buy a lovely souvenir instead?
- ICEBAR gift card can be used through out the venue including ICEBAR tickets, refills and branded merchandise, drinks and food in the restaurant and the cocktail bar.
- We don’t accept gift card payments for online bookings. Please call our Reservation line on 0207 478 8910 if you wish to book using your gift card.
- A value and an expiration date of your gift card can be checked over the phone 0207 478 8910.
- A card is valid for 1 year from the date of issue and cannot be extended. After reaching the expiry date, the value from the card will be removed without a notification.
- ICEBAR LONDON is not responsible for any failure or delay in delivery of the card to its intended recipient if caused by events or circumstances beyond ICEBAR’s reasonable control.
- A damaged, altered, expired or cancelled card shall not be accepted as a method of payment and ICEBAR will not replace any card that is stolen or lost. A value on a gift card cannot be exchanged on cash.
- A bearer of ICEBAR gift card is solely responsible for the use and custody of the card.